Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby vacation...

So, I am leaving in about three hours for a weekend vacation where I will pretend I'm Irish. I actually think I am a teensy weensy bit Irish in real life, but for the sake of fun, I'm going to pretend that I'm completely Irish. However, I am unable to speak with a stellar accent. In all actuality, the only accent I can sufficiently muster up is the Sarah Palin. You should work on that accent because it's really fun to run around saying, "Dooon't yoooo knew" (don't you know, if you couldn't translate my attempt at writing out her accent.)

I also find joy in icebreaker games that don't involve a lot of touching. The ones that do, don't help break the barrier, it increases its strength. Just because a person has a healthy longing for personal space does not mean they are not open to meeting new people and opening up to them. This is completely about the lifesaver/toothpick game. I will continue to refuse to play this game for the rest of my life for two main reasons:

1. STDs.... I'm sure they can be transferred, and I'm sorry, but they organizers of the game do not know where everyone's mouth has been, and I refuse to receive some unwanted sickness in the name of "ice breaking."

2. You can get poked in the eye. Plain and simple.

1 comment: