Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Oh what a night... (cue disco music PLEASE)

Though most of you were most likely unaware, I served my first night of duty this evening/still currently on duty. While I sit in the office waiting for 2:00 a.m. and making fun of Dianna for sleeping in the tiniest chair in the main lobby for a good 40+ minutes, I felt now was as good a time as ever to give you a basic run down of the day/evening. Hilarity ensued; however, due to the fact that it is, in fact, very very late, my humor might not translate appropriately across the interweb. I do hope that someone, somewhere, finds joy in this entry.

1. I completely and utterly disregarded my early alarm this morning. On any other Monday, the early alarm is completely useless. However, on this Monday, football tickets went on sale. I was completely oblivious to this previously known fact until half way through my marriage and family class (which should be called, "someone please come constantly shoot me in the eye with a nerf gun because I'll get more out of that than any lecture this woman might give.") I panicked because I try to allot myself a two hour block of time for every one hour...because that's just how I roll. Please deal with this fact.

2. I went to Public Opinion, which is a nice little walk away from the union. I constantly received ticket updates via text messages from Ryan. When class let out I jazzercised, which in my language means walked really fast but awkwardly, to the union and got in line. I stood there with Shelby for about thirty minutes and then got lunch. BTW, everyone and their mom is pregnant, just so you know.

3. Whit Waide said today, "Hunting on the islands is BAD ASS!"

4. I made chicken fettuccine alfredo for dinner. Yum. I fed almost two hundred people, give or take 194 .

5. Dianna and I discovered the most terrifying sound/thing... ever. This one group of residents saw us run screaming at least three times tonight. I'm convinced I'm crazy, and now I'm sure they're convinced as well. We also managed to walk down the first floor boys wing at just the right moment. Said moment eventually turned into 30ish minutes of sarcasm and something about an epic octopus/lobster duel. They're taking bets...

6. I still have to write a paper. Boo. And do my last round.


Unrelated... I'm pretty good at not sleeping... this needs to change, again.

"Do you know how to sculpt an ice menorah?"

That is all.

1 comment: