Sunday, August 29, 2010

Death by deck? A definite possibility.

Last night, I attended an event that one person once said, "is something you must experience in your life." Well, I've experienced it. I went to the Garden Party last night. I feel that in order for anyone to understand, I must describe the location and events that occurred there.

We drove up to the house on 182 and saw that cars were haphazardly parked everywhere. I decided it best to park down the highway at some wood works store. We walk up to said house and pay some guy five dollars. The five dollars gets you a cup and entrance into what I can only describe as a sketch-fest. The inside of the house is covered in spray-painted atrociousness. Once you walk through the house, you are immediately standing on what some might call the most unstable deck ever built. There were multiple times where I thought I might fall through the boards at any moment. You make your way down the terrifyingly unsteady stairs to the ground where you see a stage that consists of two giant neon straws from older Sonic establishments and some tarp. People are peeing everywhere and walking through some sketchy fence. Two friends went inside for food and came back with a goat and cole slaw sandwich. Apparently, they raised and killed the goat on property.

A band called Blue Party played. They were surprisingly good. The majority of people at this party were hipsters, and it definitely showed in their dancing. Oh, if only I could describe the dancing... I suppose it is a cross between Lord of the Dance and what you would have seen at Woodstock.


While it was definitely entertaining in some aspects, I was completely terrified for at least 35% of the time. I don't think I'll ever go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment